Peace Country Filtration Inc. ("PCF") is committed to protecting your privacy. This Policy explains how we protect your privacy as a user of our services or as a visitor to our website located at: www.pcfiltration.com.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information refers to information that identifies you such as your name and address. At various places throughout our website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide us with personal information if you wish to purchase or use our products/services. The following is the ways that PCF collects personal information from you: Helpdesk / Online Support . When you contact our Helpdesk by phone, we ask for your name and phone number. When you contact our Helpdesk over the Internet, we ask for your name, phone number and email address. We may require further information in order to provide you with support. We retain your support history in order to provide faster and more accurate assistance. This information is stored on an internal database which is only accessible by certain personnel and is password protected.
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
PCF's website server automatically collects the following non-personally identifiable information from visitors of our site:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are surfing the Web
- the IP Address of your Internet Service Provider
- your browser and platform type
- the date and time you access our site
- the sections of the website you visit, as well as the pages read and the images viewed
- certain content that you download from the website
We do not link any of the above information with information that is personally identifiable to you. This means that although your session on our website is recorded, you remain anonymous to us. We collect this data to improve and update our website to best serve our clients. We do not share this aggregate data with third parties.
HOW DOES PCF USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
PCF uses the information that it collects to monitor user activity, improve our products and our site. Any other uses of your personal information that are not identified here will be disclosed to you at the time of collection, and we will make all reasonable efforts to obtain your express consent for such other uses.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Within our organization, your personal information is accessible by certain PCF employees only on a need-to know basis. It is stored on databases which are only accessible by our customer and support personnel, and is password-protected. PCF does not give, rent or sell personal information about its customers to third parties. However, in certain limited circumstances authorized by law, PCF may be required to disclose your personal information. Information provided to other third parties is used only for the purposes stipulated and is subject to strict confidentiality requirements. These parties may include:
- Agents acting on our behalf, such us companies performing maintenance on our system.
- Credit reporting agencies, in the event that we require verification of your credit information.
- Collection agencies, in the event that we need to collect overdue accounts.
- Law enforcement agencies if we are required by subpoena to provide such information to them.
- Regulatory bodies, in the event that our system is subject to a compliance audit.
PCF has many partners, whose websites you may access from our website. Although we recommend them to you based on their reputation for providing safe and secure online purchasing of our products, we make no warranty about their goods and services, the content on their websites or their protection of your personal information. This Policy does not apply to their activities and we encourage you to view their privacy policies and to contact these companies directly if you have any questions about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
PCF uses best efforts to comply with the Canadian Marketing Association's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice in its marketing to children and teenagers
PCF uses security measures to ensure that the information that you provide to us through our websites and that we retain on file are secure from loss, theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. These security measures include appropriate technologies, such as firewalls and fraud controls.
CODE OF CONDUCT
PCF makes all reasonable efforts to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act , and has devised a Code of Conduct to in respect of its handling of your personal information:
- Accountability - We are responsible for personal information under our control and have designated persons accountable for our compliance with the Code of Conduct.
- Identifying purposes for collection of personal information - We shall identify the purposes for collection of personal information at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent - We will only collect, use and disclose personal information with your knowledge and consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal/contractual restrictions, and reasonable notice.
- Limiting collection of personal information - We shall limit collection of personal information to what is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified, and such information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention of personal information - We shall not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law, and shall use our best efforts to retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- Accuracy of personal information - Personal information shall be accurate, complete and up-to-date, but we shall not routinely update personal information, unless necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguards for protecting personal information - We shall protect personal information by security safeguards which are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness about policies and practices - We shall make readily available to you specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access to your personal information - Upon request, we shall use our best efforts to inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. If you can demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of your personal information, we shall use our best efforts to amend the information as required.
Challenging compliance - You shall be able to challenge our compliance with this Personal Information Code of Conduct to the designated person accountable for our compliance, indicated below.
Due to the evolving nature of the technologies used by PCF to communicate with you, we may occasionally update this Policy. Please check this page periodically for changes.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, QUESTIONS, COMPLAINTS OR COMMENTS
Peace Country Filtration